Since its popularity after the second world war, pallet racking from then on has been serving the storage needs of Australia’s manufacturers and warehouses. Pallet racking is one of the most efficient raw material and goods storing system in the storage industry. Each pallet, which is made of wood, plastic, or metal, are intelligently designed to carry heavy amounts of load. Next, they are put together into a bigger racking system made up of rows of shelves with multiple levels. With NSW businesses’ increasing demand for pallet racking today, a warehouse manager wouldn’t hesitate to acquire a Dexion pallet racking Wetherill Park storage companies sell these days.
Forklifts are an automatic topic when the discussion is about pallet racking. Heck, pallet racking is specifically designed for forklifts. This is because the levels can be quite high, which is only accessible by forklifts. Pallet racks’ structures can be rolled in form, as columns are supported by beams.
Meanwhile, to give you a basic but information-packed guideline, pallet racking jargons like selective racks, flow racks, drive in/drive through racks, and Pushback racks are explained below:
1. Selective racks. Together with a Dexion pallet racking Wetherill Park storage company has these days, this type of racking is a favourite among NSW warehouses. Selective racks are the most commonly used because they are easily accessible from the aisle of the structures. The beams in the system support the pallets. Interestingly, it can be applied to several types of storage including narrow aisle racking, standard racking, and deep reach racking systems.
2. Drive-in and drive-through racking systems. This type of system is well-known for handling extremely high-density storage. It’s no wonder since they’re built from steel and they have a spacing designed for the forklift to place cargo on the structures’ bays or the stacks’ lanes. They also have one entry and exit way but they’re accessible in the bays’ both sides.
In the Drive-in Process, items are loaded by a ”last in, first out” style so they are suitable for those low turnover or non-perishable item loading. Meanwhile, the Drive Through Process does a “first in, first out” loading style.
3. Pushback racking systems. If you do bulk storage, then Pushback racking is the system for your business. Pushback racking’s style allows you to store objects which are several pallets deep. Also, you can add a new pallet which will push the next pallet next on the rails to rest. When it comes to loading structures, you can use the Last In, First Out, (LIFO) system. On the other hand, in unloading, pallets are pushed to the front of the shelving structure.
4. Flow racks. The flow racks are suitable for the highly dense item storage. Cargo will be stored on the higher end points and unloaded on the system’s lower end points, which is based on the First In, First Out (FIFO) loading system. That’s why during loading, the system’s rotation is automated as a result of the flow of racks.
5. Dexion pallet racking. Named after the company itself, Dexion racking is a widely used slotted angle steel strip construction system in storage racking since the 1950s. A slotted angle is a reusable metal used to construct pallet racking levels. Elongates slots are punch into the metal at uniformed intervals to allow structure formation joined by nuts and bolts and from the longitudinal folding of the metal strips to form 90 degree angle.
Since it’s reusable, the Dexion pallet racking in Wetherill Park is one of the most in-demand pallet racking systems. Today, a cheap Dexion pallet racking Wetherill Park sellers offer starts at $297. If you’re looking for a Wetherill Park Dexion pallet racking, you may visit SteelCore Australia for quality pallet racking services.
Whether you choose to buy a Pushback pallet racking or a Dexion pallet racking Wetherill Park sellers offer, you must study your company’s storage habits carefully. Take time to learn about the loading systems and configurations through datasheets in order to find out the most suitable for your company.