Have you ever browsed home magazines and noticed those beautifully landscaped gardens in Sydney or in Newcastle? An attractive retaining wall could be the secret to them as well as their asphalt driveways. The two are such a beautiful combination and if you are contemplating on having a retaining wall with your asphalt driveway, now might be the time to start planning. Giving your outdoor space a makeover may greatly improve your home’s curb appeal. However, before talking to a contractor like North Shore Paving for driveway makeover, you may want to consider adding a retaining wall for a more dramatic look.
There are a lot of retaining wall designs that you can try for your outdoor space. If you want to put your good muscles into use, you may opt to do it yourself as this is the most cost-effective alternative. However, if you like your garden to look more sophisticated, consider hiring contractors like North Shore Paving Company to complete the retaining wall for you.
Below are a few retaining wall designs that you can choose from, depending on the size of your outdoor space.
1. Large Stones. If you plan to hold back soil that is almost 8 feet deep, you need large stones for a more stable structure. You may need to hire heavy equipment to move the stones and put them in place. In such cases, hiring contractors like North Shore Paving Company might be a big help as they have the manpower and tools to turn your landscaping plans to reality.
2. Wooden Wall. A wooden wall is a good way to elevate flower beds and make them more visible, especially if you put them near your asphalt or bitumen driveway. This is a little-known fact but applying asphalt compound on your wooden wall may increase its lifespan and strength. Ask advice from experts in bitumen driveway Sydney has to offer to ensure that your driveway is also well-enforced.
3. Old Tyres. If you want to contribute to waste recycling, you may use old tyres as a retaining wall. It may look unconventional but with a little paint, they can become a thing of beauty and add more charm to your outdoor space.
4. Mix Uncut Rocks with Stones. If you have large stones lying around your property, you may put them into good use and combine them with wall stones for added appeal. They would also be good conversations starters when you place them near outdoor sitting areas.
5. Terraced Slope. This is the easiest type of retaining wall. This doesn’t use any mortar and is a cost-effective way to prevent soil erosion. If you have access to a lot of stones in your property, this is a good option to try. You only need to make use of your good muscles to stack the rocks, add some plants and you are good to go.
A retaining wall and an asphalt driveway are a very good combination. Laying down the asphalt would now be easier once you have retaining walls in place to serve as markers. When adding asphalt driveway though, it is best if you contact experts in asphalt driveway Sydney has today for a more durable finish. Experts can also determine if your driveway is in need of repair. If this is the case, you can talk to companies that specialise in asphalt repairs Sydney offers to reinforce your driveway.
Business Name: North Shore Paving Name: North Shore Paving Address: 16 Moore Ave, Lindfield NSW 2070, Australia Phone: +61 2 9416 0100 Tagline: North Shore Paving is a leader in the road & pavement construction industry serving the Sydney Metropolitan area and NSW country areas for over 4 decades. Trading Hours: 7am-5PM Trading Days: 7AM-5PM